Student Profile: Emily Braswell '22
Where do you call home?
If you visited campus before enrolling, what stood out to you the most about Covenant?
I was most impressed by the professors when I first visited Covenant. I sat in on one of Dr. Kapic’s doctrine classes and one of Dr. Hecker’s linguistics classes and loved the thought-provoking discussions.
Why did you choose Covenant?
I couldn't picture myself anywhere else. That may sound simplistic, but Covenant simply stood apart from every other school I had visited, and it was the only college I really wanted to attend.
How did financial aid impact your decision to come to Covenant?
Financial aid was a huge part of my decision of whether or not to attend. I knew I would not be able to come if I did not receive financial aid, and I was really impressed with Covenant’s Financial Aid Office and how they worked with me and my admissions counselor through the whole process.
What aspect of Covenant do you like the best?
I really love hiking and being outdoors, so I particularly enjoy the beautiful trails around Covenant. The views are some of the prettiest I’ve ever seen.
Which professor(s) has most impacted your thinking, and how?
Dr. Quatro has significantly influenced my thinking; particularly the way I think about the purpose of business, what it looks like to be a Christian in the world of business, and how business fits into the broader framework of God’s kingdom.
What do you most enjoy about your major?
I really enjoy learning from all of the knowledgeable professors in the business department. Many of them have years of experience in the corporate world, and they do a great job of connecting the concepts we learn in class to situations we’ll see in real life.
How is Covenant preparing you to apply your area of study to post-college life?
I think the liberal arts aspect of Covenant is particularly preparing me for post-college life. A broad foundation of knowledge and the ability to understand other disciplines is an incredible advantage in the working world and in understanding people.
What do you hope to pursue after graduation?
I’m not sure what specifically in the field of business I’ll pursue, (I have interests in both HR and Project Management), but I’m very interested in doing international business and would really like to live abroad for a period of time.
How is Covenant preparing you for success in your calling?
Covenant has equipped me with the understanding that business is part of God’s good creation, thus preparing me to pursue my vocation in an intentional, God-honoring way.
How is Covenant equipping you for active membership in the church?
Covenant strongly encourages students to become involved in a healthy local church, and halls hold prayer and praise every Sunday- which is a time of fellowship, Bible study, and worship.
In what ways does Covenant foster spiritual growth?
Covenant encourages students to participate in opportunities for spiritual growth on campus, whether that is Bible studies, plenary lectures, worship nights, or service projects - which prepare students to participate and serve in a similar manner within the Church.
How does residence life add to/support your academic, professional, and/or spiritual
Hall life has been a huge blessing and an integral part of my experience at Covenant. Not only are my hallmates my sisters in Christ, they are also some of my closest friends. They hold me accountable, encourage me in my studies, and inspire me with their godly examples.
How have your relationships at Covenant shaped your expectations for the other communities
God will call you to in life?
Covenant has made me realize what a blessing a godly community can be and how much believers working together in unity can accomplish. It has made me wish for similar communities in my life in the future.
What’s your favorite way to spend free time on and/or off campus?
Running on the trails, getting coffee at the Starbucks on the mountain, and watching the city lights of Chattanooga from the Overlook are just a few of my favorite things to do.
What’s your favorite Covenant College event and why?
Culture Fest is my favorite event because of how much work the students put into it and how beautiful and inspiring it is to see the cultural diversity and traditions of my fellow students. Also, trying the food from all the different countries is amazing.
Undergraduate Departments, Majors, Minors, Certificates, Concentrations, and Programs
- Arts Administration
- Environmental Stewardship & Sustainability
- Journalism and Society
- Medical Ethics Consultation
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Art, 2-D Concentration
- Art, 3-D Concentration
- Art, Art History Concentration
- Art, Graphic Design Concentration
- Art, Photography Concentration
- Art minor
- Art History minor
- Biblical & Theological Studies
- Biblical & Theological Studies, Missions Concentration
- Biblical & Theological Studies minor
- Biblical Languages minor
- History of Christianity minor
- Missions minor
- Youth Ministry minor
- Biology, Biomedical Concentration
- Biology, Environmental Concentration
- Biology, General
- Biology, Health Professions Concentration
- Biology minor
- Business, Accounting Concentration
- Business, Finance Concentration
- Business, Marketing Concentration
- Sport Management
- Business minor
- Sport Management minor
- Chemistry, Biochemistry Concentration
- Chemistry, General
- Biochemistry minor
- Chemistry minor
- Computer Science
- Computer Science minor
- Community Development
- Community Development minor
- Economics minor
- Education Studies
- Elementary Education (P-5)
- Secondary Education Certifications through MAT program
- Education minor
- Natural Science, Pre-Engineering Studies Concentration
- English, Writing Concentration
- English minor
- Linguistics minor
- Writing minor
- Coaching minor
- History, Art History Concentration
- Political Science
- History minor
- Political Science minor
- Interdisciplinary Studies with Concentrations
- International Studies
- Mathematics minor
- Music, Church Music Concentration
- Music, Creative Studies Concentration
- Music, General Music Concentration
- Music, Instrumental Performance Concentration
- Music, Music Education (Pre-MAT) Concentration
- Music, Organ Performance Concentration
- Music, Piano Pedagogy Concentration
- Music, Piano Performance Concentration
- Music, Theory/Composition Concentration
- Music, Vocal Performance Concentration
- Music minor
- Philosophy minor
- Physics minor
- Pre-Law Studies
- Pre-Medical Studies
- Pre-Nursing Studies
- Pre-Physical Therapy Studies
- Psychology minor
- Sociology, Family Studies & Social Work Concentration
- Sociology minor
- Theatre minor
- French minor
- Spanish minor