Student Profile: Edoardo Santi '22
Where do you call home?
Why did you choose Covenant?
When I came to the United States as an eleventh-grader at Chattanooga Christian School, I never thought I would end up at Covenant. I’d imagined, and had already been accepted to, a big school with tens of thousands of students. But when high school was over and I was about to leave to go to a school in Italy, God truly called me and gave me a new heart. It became clear to me that I should stay here and learn about Him and His Kingdom with a Kingdom mindset at Covenant College.
Which professor(s) has most impacted your thinking, and how?
I’d have to say my Doctrine professor, Dr. Madueme. He mentored me for a while and often spoke wisdom to me, both in and out of his class.
What do you most enjoy about your major?
I love studying business and economics with a Christian perspective. My economics professor, Dr. Wescher has helped me see life and how things work in a really exciting way and I’m very thankful for that.
What do you hope to pursue after graduation?
After graduation, I’d love to own my own business, whether that is expanding the coffee shop my roommate and I run as a hobby or creating something else. I would also like to work in investing and become a financial advisor.
In what ways does Covenant foster spiritual growth?
When I decided to come here, I knew practically nothing about living as a son of the Father in a fallen world, and that’s exactly what I’ve been learning at Covenant. How do I give Him glory and enjoy Him while being a sinner as I wait for my faith to become sight? Covenant fosters spiritual growth through many things like chapel, classes, staff, professors who care, and a community that cares.
How does residence life add to/support your academic, professional, and/or spiritual
In this, God has answered my prayer in a very special way. I wanted to find a community of people who seek Jesus, and halfway through my freshman year, God gave me a family of believers, “The Five Points” hall, who accepted me into their family and showed me Christian love. God has given me His people so we could grow together towards Him and towards becoming more like Him.
What’s your favorite way to spend free time on and/or off campus?
I’m thankful that here there are all sorts of events going on all the time. We play Spikeball, Ultimate Frisbee, pick-up soccer, ping pong, tennis, and much more. I love playing these or going downtown with my friends to restaurants and movie theaters.
What’s your favorite Covenant College event and why?
The Covenant dances are such a fun break and a great way to build community. Mistletoe Mingle and other dances are definitely one of the things I love the most about Covenant, along with the improv team which I’ve been a part of since my freshman year. Through improv, I met some hilarious and wonderful people who are going to be friends of mine for the rest of my life.
Undergraduate Departments, Majors, Minors, Certificates, Concentrations, and Programs
- Arts Administration
- Environmental Stewardship & Sustainability
- Journalism and Society
- Medical Ethics Consultation
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Art, 2-D Concentration
- Art, 3-D Concentration
- Art, Art History Concentration
- Art, Graphic Design Concentration
- Art, Photography Concentration
- Art minor
- Art History minor
- Biblical & Theological Studies
- Biblical & Theological Studies, Missions Concentration
- Biblical & Theological Studies minor
- Biblical Languages minor
- History of Christianity minor
- Missions minor
- Youth Ministry minor
- Biology, Biomedical Concentration
- Biology, Environmental Concentration
- Biology, General
- Biology, Health Professions Concentration
- Biology minor
- Business, Accounting Concentration
- Business, Finance Concentration
- Business, Marketing Concentration
- Sport Management
- Business minor
- Sport Management minor
- Chemistry, Biochemistry Concentration
- Chemistry, General
- Biochemistry minor
- Chemistry minor
- Computer Science
- Computer Science minor
- Community Development
- Community Development minor
- Economics minor
- Education Studies
- Elementary Education (P-5)
- Secondary Education Certifications through MAT program
- Education minor
- Natural Science, Pre-Engineering Studies Concentration
- English, Writing Concentration
- English minor
- Linguistics minor
- Writing minor
- Coaching minor
- History, Art History Concentration
- Political Science
- History minor
- Political Science minor
- Interdisciplinary Studies with Concentrations
- International Studies
- Mathematics minor
- Music, Church Music Concentration
- Music, Creative Studies Concentration
- Music, General Music Concentration
- Music, Instrumental Performance Concentration
- Music, Music Education (Pre-MAT) Concentration
- Music, Organ Performance Concentration
- Music, Piano Pedagogy Concentration
- Music, Piano Performance Concentration
- Music, Theory/Composition Concentration
- Music, Vocal Performance Concentration
- Music minor
- Philosophy minor
- Physics minor
- Pre-Law Studies
- Pre-Medical Studies
- Pre-Nursing Studies
- Pre-Physical Therapy Studies
- Psychology minor
- Sociology, Family Studies & Social Work Concentration
- Sociology minor
- Theatre minor
- French minor
- Spanish minor