Student Profile: Cassee Wood '22
Where do you call home?
Sociology and Psychology
If you visited campus before enrolling, what stood out to you the most about Covenant?
I was really impressed by how close-knit and friendly the campus seemed.
Why did you choose Covenant?
Being recruited to play for the softball team, receiving an elite academic education, and being at a Christian institution were huge factors for me in choosing Covenant. Ultimately, I knew this is where the Lord was calling me to be.
What aspect of Covenant do you like the best?
I love how Covenant integrates Christ in everything: academics, sports, and residence life. I also really love and appreciate how the professors invest in the students here and work to help us achieve our fullest potential.
Which professor(s) has most impacted your thinking, and how?
Many professors here have impacted my thinking, but CRob (Dr. Robinson) has impacted me the most. He is always proposing new ways of thinking and is challenging the way we see our brothers and sisters in Christ. As a sociology professor, he is continually integrating our sociological perspectives with our roles as everyday Christians. And he’s usually pretty funny!
What do you most enjoy about your major?
I absolutely love being able to study two fields that will allow me to help people in the future. I’m fascinated by the depths and structures of our relationships with others and self.
What do you hope to pursue after graduation?
After graduation, I plan to join the military and begin a career in social work, focusing on child advocacy. My goal is to love and serve God well, and in turn, love and serve His people well.
How is Covenant preparing you for success in your calling?
My fields of study are equipping me to better understand and help other people. Additionally, Covenant has prepared me with a worldview and framework based on Scripture which will help me as I pursue careers in secular, difficult places.
How is Covenant equipping you for active membership in the church?
Covenant is a community that encourages students to be involved with corporate worship and the body of Christ. Since being here, I have been able to grasp how important active membership in the church is and how to identify ways that I can best serve the local church.
In what ways does Covenant foster spiritual growth?
Covenant is constantly asking hard spiritual questions, fostering mentorship opportunities, and encouraging us to engage with one another, all of which aids in our spiritual growth.
How does residence life add to/support your academic, professional, and/or spiritual
Residence life is incredible. It is so neat to see a hall of girls with different stories, different majors, and different goals who all push each other to achieve the best. Serving as a resident assistant (RA) for two years, I am so humbled to be able to shepherd the girls on my hall and learn so much from them.
How have your relationships at Covenant shaped your expectations for the other communities
God will call you to in life?
Covenant has reminded me of the special community believers have. The desire to break bread and fellowship with believers will not change no matter where the Lord takes me. I can always lean on the Church.
What’s your favorite way to spend free time on and/or off campus?
I love spending time with my softball team, and I’m always down for a trip to Chick-fil-A!
What’s your favorite Covenant College event and why?
I love Day of Prayer here at Covenant. Going to Rock City and watching the sunrise as we worship is an incredible experience.
Graduate School of Education
Undergraduate Departments, Majors, Minors, Certificates, Concentrations, and Programs
- Arts Administration
- Environmental Stewardship & Sustainability
- Journalism and Society
- Medical Ethics Consultation
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Art, 2-D Concentration
- Art, 3-D Concentration
- Art, Art History Concentration
- Art, Graphic Design Concentration
- Art, Photography Concentration
- Art minor
- Art History minor
Biblical & Theological Studies
- Biblical & Theological Studies
- Biblical & Theological Studies, Missions Concentration
- Biblical & Theological Studies minor
- Biblical Languages minor
- History of Christianity minor
- Missions minor
- Youth Ministry minor
- Biology, Biomedical Concentration
- Biology, Environmental Concentration
- Biology, General
- Biology, Health Professions Concentration
- Biology minor
- Business, Accounting Concentration
- Business, Finance Concentration
- Business, Marketing Concentration
- Sport Management
- Business minor
- Sport Management minor
- Chemistry, Biochemistry Concentration
- Chemistry, General
- Biochemistry minor
- Chemistry minor
- Computer Science
- Computer Science minor
Economics & Community Development
- Community Development
- Community Development minor
- Economics minor
- Education Studies
- Elementary Education (P-5)
- Secondary Education Certifications through MAT program
- Education minor
Engineering 3:2 Program
- Natural Science, Pre-Engineering Studies Concentration
- English, Writing Concentration
- English minor
- Writing minor
Health, Wellness and Coaching
- Coaching minor
History, Politics, and International Studies
- History, Art History Concentration
- Political Science
- International Studies
- History minor
- Political Science minor
- Interdisciplinary Studies with Concentrations
- Mathematics minor
- Music, Church Music Concentration
- Music, Creative Studies Concentration
- Music, General Music Concentration
- Music, Instrumental Performance Concentration
- Music, Music Education (Pre-MAT) Concentration
- Music, Organ Performance Concentration
- Music, Piano Pedagogy Concentration
- Music, Piano Performance Concentration
- Music, Vocal Performance Concentration
- Music minor
- Philosophy minor
- Physics minor
- Pre-Law Studies
- Pre-Medical Studies
- Pre-Nursing Studies
- Pre-Physical Therapy Studies
- Psychology minor
- Sociology, Family Studies & Social Work Concentration
- Sociology minor
- Theatre minor
- French minor
- Spanish minor