Academic Support & Tutoring
The purpose of academic support is to help you succeed academically throughout your time here at Covenant. The weight of this responsibility rests primarily on you as you seek, in all things, to glorify God. In order to fulfill this responsibility, we encourage students to take advantage of the academic support resources available at no extra cost. These services can aid you in the transition to college level academic expectations and enable you to persist and become successful throughout your college experience.
Our specific objectives are to:
- Help students understand their calling as students.
- Complement faculty efforts to help students achieve their potential.
- Enhance the academic abilities of the student body.
- Provide convenient access to academic resources.
These resources are available free of charge to all Covenant College students.
There are times when students of varying abilities will have need of assistance in clarifying and understanding a particular concept. As a part of the academic support services we offer at Covenant, peer tutoring is one way that students can receive assistance. We offer tutoring in most disciplines -- from math to history to physics -- and you'll be able to work with student peers who excel in these areas and are eager to help you.
Each academic department coordinates its own peer tutoring schedule, and the Academic Support Center consolidates and distributes the information. Tutoring schedules and contact information are available for Fall '22.
In addition to individual tutoring for specific topics, we have three academic "labs" for tutoring services:
- The Math Center offers math tutoring Monday through Thursday evenings for all math students in Mills Hall 381.
- The Writing Center offers tutors who can assist you in developing your writing skills and completing writing assignments.
- The Language Lab is available to students in French, German, and Spanish classes. Language tutors converse in the learned language, study vocabulary and conjugations with students, and provide general support.
In addition to these programs, students are encouraged to seek help from faculty, upperclassmen, residence life staff, and the student development offices.
For more information, contact:
Director of Student Success
Office: Kresge Library 204
Undergraduate Departments, Majors, Minors, Certificates, Concentrations, and Programs
- Arts Administration
- Environmental Stewardship & Sustainability
- Journalism and Society
- Medical Ethics Consultation
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Art, 2-D Concentration
- Art, 3-D Concentration
- Art, Art History Concentration
- Art, Graphic Design Concentration
- Art, Photography Concentration
- Art minor
- Art History minor
- Biblical & Theological Studies
- Biblical & Theological Studies, Missions Concentration
- Biblical & Theological Studies minor
- Biblical Languages minor
- History of Christianity minor
- Missions minor
- Youth Ministry minor
- Biology, Biomedical Concentration
- Biology, Environmental Concentration
- Biology, General
- Biology, Health Professions Concentration
- Biology minor
- Business, Accounting Concentration
- Business, Finance Concentration
- Business, Marketing Concentration
- Sport Management
- Business minor
- Sport Management minor
- Chemistry, Biochemistry Concentration
- Chemistry, General
- Biochemistry minor
- Chemistry minor
- Computer Science
- Computer Science minor
- Community Development
- Community Development minor
- Economics minor
- Education Studies
- Elementary Education (P-5)
- Secondary Education Certifications through MAT program
- Education minor
- Natural Science, Pre-Engineering Studies Concentration
- English, Writing Concentration
- English minor
- Writing minor
- Coaching minor
- History, Art History Concentration
- Political Science
- International Studies
- History minor
- Political Science minor
- Interdisciplinary Studies with Concentrations
- Mathematics minor
- Music, Church Music Concentration
- Music, Creative Studies Concentration
- Music, General Music Concentration
- Music, Instrumental Performance Concentration
- Music, Music Education (Pre-MAT) Concentration
- Music, Organ Performance Concentration
- Music, Piano Pedagogy Concentration
- Music, Piano Performance Concentration
- Music, Vocal Performance Concentration
- Music minor
- Philosophy minor
- Physics minor
- Pre-Law Studies
- Pre-Medical Studies
- Pre-Nursing Studies
- Pre-Physical Therapy Studies
- Psychology minor
- Sociology, Family Studies & Social Work Concentration
- Sociology minor
- Theatre minor
- French minor
- Spanish minor