Priesthill Center Health Services
Health Services encourages the development of responsible healthcare habits by holding students accountable for their decisions regarding class attendance. Therefore, medical excuses are not issued for missed classes or examinations without students being evaluated by the provider/nurse. In the case of illnesses requiring an extended recovery period we will provide a written statement. These statements are provided on an individual basis. It is the student’s responsibility to communicate directly with his or her faculty or advisor. Faculty will decide whether the students may make up work missed and what effect the absences may have on the requirements of the course.
If experiencing any perceived life or limb threatening emergency such as:
No breathing and/or pulse
Head or neck injury
Suicidal or homicidal intent
Emergency services should be activated immediately by calling 911. Emergency care should NEVER be delayed due to being unable to reach the student health center.
The patient has the responsibility:
- To inform clinician of any changes in their health status that could affect their treatment
- To adhere to prescribed treatment plan and to discuss any desired change
- To act in a considerate and cooperative manner with Priesthill staff
- To treat other patients, staff, and clinicians with respect. This includes no cell phone use, recording, or photography while in Health Services.
- To ask questions and seek clarification regarding areas of concern
- To weigh the consequences of refusing to comply with instructions and recommendations
- To be conscious of respiratory hygiene while in the waiting area with other patients
- To keep appointment on time
- To cancel appointments only when absolutely necessary, and with at least 24 hours in advance if able so that other students might utilize that time
Covenant is introducing a new process for collecting health and immunization forms.
Step One: Register
Visit Med+Proctor and select register to start a new account. Type in your Covenant College email address to get started and follow the directions to complete your profile. There is also a link to Med+Proctor in Slate as you complete other admissions paperwork.
Step Two: Download
Fill out any required personal or medical information. Download the required forms and follow the directions provided. If you are uploading a certified copy of immunization records (and not using the form provided by Med+Proctor) please be sure that the record has your provider's office stamp on it, as well as the provider's signature, or signature of the office designee.
Step Three: Upload
Log back into your MedProctor account and upload a copy of your forms. Make sure your forms are complete and legible. You will receive an email confirmation once the forms have been reviewed.
Questions and Support
If you have difficulty using MedProctor, you may contact MedProctor between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. During these hours you can live chat with their support agents directly from their support site or while you are completing your student workflow. This feature is located at the bottom right of the screen on either Med+Proctor site.
You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org with your issue and this will create a ticket for their support agents to take care of you.
NOTE: You will see options to pay $10 to access extra benefits or “expedite review.” You DO NOT have to pay to submit your immunizations or “expedite review” unless you want to. Click the option to “Submit your health forms for free without the upgrade”.
Covenant College requires all incoming students to be up-to-date on the following vaccinations: Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Tetanus-Diphtheria (TD, Tdap, DTap-must be within 10 years), and Meningitis (received or waiver completed). Records of these immunizations are to be submitted to the College through Med+Proctor (https://secure.medproctor.com/Account/SignIn).
If a student chooses to waive immunizations on the basis of medical or religious reasons, there are exemption forms available. These forms are to be completed, signed, and notarized, then uploaded into Med+Proctor for review.
Students are required to provide either a signed immunization record or notarized waiver.
Students must utilize Med+Proctor for submission of health services paperwork. We will not accept emailed, fax, or paper copies. See Med+Proctor Instructions on health services site for further information.
Undergraduate Departments, Majors, Minors, Certificates, Concentrations, and Programs
- Arts Administration
- Environmental Stewardship & Sustainability
- Journalism and Society
- Medical Ethics Consultation
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Art, 2-D Concentration
- Art, 3-D Concentration
- Art, Art History Concentration
- Art, Graphic Design Concentration
- Art, Photography Concentration
- Art minor
- Art History minor
- Biblical & Theological Studies
- Biblical & Theological Studies, Missions Concentration
- Biblical & Theological Studies minor
- Biblical Languages minor
- History of Christianity minor
- Missions minor
- Youth Ministry minor
- Biology, Biomedical Concentration
- Biology, Environmental Concentration
- Biology, General
- Biology, Health Professions Concentration
- Biology minor
- Business, Accounting Concentration
- Business, Finance Concentration
- Business, Marketing Concentration
- Sport Management
- Business minor
- Sport Management minor
- Chemistry, Biochemistry Concentration
- Chemistry, General
- Biochemistry minor
- Chemistry minor
- Computer Science
- Computer Science minor
- Community Development
- Community Development minor
- Economics minor
- Education Studies
- Elementary Education (P-5)
- Secondary Education Certifications through MAT program
- Education minor
- Natural Science, Pre-Engineering Studies Concentration
- English, Writing Concentration
- English minor
- Writing minor
- Coaching minor
- History, Art History Concentration
- Political Science
- International Studies
- History minor
- Political Science minor
- Interdisciplinary Studies with Concentrations
- Mathematics minor
- Music, Church Music Concentration
- Music, Creative Studies Concentration
- Music, General Music Concentration
- Music, Instrumental Performance Concentration
- Music, Music Education (Pre-MAT) Concentration
- Music, Organ Performance Concentration
- Music, Piano Pedagogy Concentration
- Music, Piano Performance Concentration
- Music, Vocal Performance Concentration
- Music minor
- Philosophy minor
- Physics minor
- Pre-Law Studies
- Pre-Medical Studies
- Pre-Nursing Studies
- Pre-Physical Therapy Studies
- Psychology minor
- Sociology, Family Studies & Social Work Concentration
- Sociology minor
- Theatre minor
- French minor
- Spanish minor