Dade 911 direct
Safety & Security Office
Safety & Security 24/7
(706) 419-1229: Safety & Security Office
(423) 593-1403: Safety & Security 24/7
(706) 657-4111: Dade 911 Direct Number
(706) 450-7001: RD on Duty
(706) 419-1275: Priesthill Center (M-F, 8am - 4:30pm)
(800) 222-1222: Poison Control
(706) 657-3233: Dade County Sheriff's Office
We ask for your help in keeping our students and our campus safe and secure. If you have observed or are aware of suspicious or unethical behavior, abusive relationships, or sexual violence we need to know what you know. Please feel free to contact our office directly, or you may provide the information online by clicking on the link below. Your report can be made anonymously, or you may decide to leave your contact information. However you choose to bring your information to our attention, we will handle both your identity and your concern with the utmost discretion.
Gun violence, as well as other forms of violence, can sometimes be preventable. Students who are at risk of hurting themselves or others may display signs and signals before an act of violence takes place. When you don’t know what to look for, it can be easy to miss signs or dismiss them as unimportant. Please take a moment a watch the 2 ½ minute video entitled “Evan” produced by Sandy Hook Promise.
Please visit the Sandy Hook Promise website for more information relating to preventing gun violence and other tragedies.
- I have signed up to receive Scots Alerts by visiting covenant.edu/students/security/scotsalert and entering my cell #
- I have saved the Safety and Security 24/7 # 423.593.1403 in my contacts
- I have an emergency communication plan. I have entered emergency contact numbers in my cell phone. My family knows how to contact my friends/coworkers in an emergency if necessary. My friends/coworkers know how to contact my family if necessary (social media, text, etc.).
- I know more than one way to exit campus buildings.
- I know where to seek shelter in my building during severe weather or a tornado.
- From the Safety and Security website, I have watched the two minute video entitled "Evan" regarding prevention of violence.
- From the Safety and Security website, I have watched the four minute Active Shooter training video "Run. Hide. Fight."
- I lock my residence hall room door. I lock my car doors. I secure my valuables.
- I know I may share my concerns anonymously through the "See Something, Say Something" tab on the Safety and Security website..
- In an emergency, I know the campus siren “WAIL” tone warns us to seek shelter for a weather emergency. I know the campus siren “Hi - Low” tone warns us of an active threat on campus.
- I will not walk/run alone on the network of trails surrounding the college.