Residence Life FAQ
How is housing assigned? When will I find out who I'm living with and where we're living?
Your admissions representative will direct you to the online New Student Portal to complete; one of these forms is your Housing Request Form. We review each of these housing forms individually, so please fill yours out thoroughly. A committee of residence life staff members (who know the current students and the hall dynamics) and the admissions representatives (who know the new students the best) will make roommate and housing assignments. You should find out your housing assignment via email in June, so please be checking your Covenant account.
What are the housing options for upperclassmen?
Covenant College residence halls have mixed housing, with upperclassmen living alongside underclassmen. We appreciate the mentoring and presence that many juniors and seniors provide to freshmen and sophomores in the halls. Many students choose to stay on the same floor all four years they are at Covenant.
Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors are required to live in the Residence Halls. Student apartments are available to upperclassmen students. Students with 90+ hours or who have completed 6 semesters on campus are permitted to live off campus.
Who are the "RDs"?
Resident directors are full-time professionals who live in each residence hall and are responsible for the daily management of the hall, as well as assisting the residents in their college living experience. Get to know the RDs.
What are the "RAs"?
The RD staff supervises a team of student leaders selected as resident assistants. RAs are upperclassmen whose job it is to assist residents in their adjustment to college. Get to know the RAs.
May I have appliances and electronics in my room?
You may have a small refrigerator, electric kettle, and/or microwave, as well as entertainment and computer equipment. No other cooking appliances are allowed, including hot plates, toaster ovens, and grills.
Is Internet service available in my room?
Wireless Internet is available in each residence hall room and in most areas across campus. You are encouraged to provide your own computer. There are limited computers available in the residence halls and other academic buildings.
Are there printers available?
There is a printer available in each residence hall and other academic buildings.
May I bring pets?
Only fish are allowed and must be kept in a 10 gallon or less aquarium in your residence hall room.
Can I loft my bed?
While beds cannot be lofted, many beds on campus are adjustable. If you would like to raise your bed, you may purchase bed risers.
May I personalize my room?
You are encouraged to personalize your room. However, there are specific guidelines per building of what types of hanging materials are permitted. See the Residence Hall Manual for further details.
What size sheets do I need for my bed?
All beds require twin, extra-long sheets.
What are some other things that I should bring?
What Meal Plans are offered?
Residence Halls- Required to have a full meal plan
Student Apartments- Meal Plan optional
Off-Campus- Meal Plan optional
Partial Meal Plans
Is there a curfew?
No. Students are encouraged to be in their residence hall by 12am (Sunday through Thursday) or by 1am (Friday and Saturday). Covenant does not have a check-in/check-out policy, so students are encouraged to leave contact and travel information with a friend. We want all students to make sure that someone back on campus is aware of their plans when they are leaving campus for an extended period of time.
What are open hall hours?
Students are not permitted to visit another hall of the opposite gender outside of open hall times. Men and Women may visit each others halls during the following open hall hours:
- Friday 6-11pm
- Saturday 5-11pm
- Sunday 1-5pm
Undergraduate Departments, Majors, Minors, Certificates, Concentrations, and Programs
- Arts Administration
- Environmental Stewardship & Sustainability
- Journalism and Society
- Medical Ethics Consultation
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Art, 2-D Concentration
- Art, 3-D Concentration
- Art, Art History Concentration
- Art, Graphic Design Concentration
- Art, Photography Concentration
- Art minor
- Art History minor
- Biblical & Theological Studies
- Biblical & Theological Studies, Missions Concentration
- Biblical & Theological Studies minor
- Biblical Languages minor
- History of Christianity minor
- Missions minor
- Youth Ministry minor
- Biology, Biomedical Concentration
- Biology, Environmental Concentration
- Biology, General
- Biology, Health Professions Concentration
- Biology minor
- Business, Accounting Concentration
- Business, Finance Concentration
- Business, Marketing Concentration
- Sport Management
- Business minor
- Sport Management minor
- Chemistry, Biochemistry Concentration
- Chemistry, General
- Biochemistry minor
- Chemistry minor
- Computer Science
- Computer Science minor
- Community Development
- Community Development minor
- Economics minor
- Education Studies
- Elementary Education (P-5)
- Secondary Education Certifications through MAT program
- Education minor
- Natural Science, Pre-Engineering Studies Concentration
- English, Writing Concentration
- English minor
- Writing minor
- Coaching minor
- History, Art History Concentration
- Political Science
- International Studies
- History minor
- Political Science minor
- Interdisciplinary Studies with Concentrations
- Mathematics minor
- Music, Church Music Concentration
- Music, Creative Studies Concentration
- Music, General Music Concentration
- Music, Instrumental Performance Concentration
- Music, Music Education (Pre-MAT) Concentration
- Music, Organ Performance Concentration
- Music, Piano Pedagogy Concentration
- Music, Piano Performance Concentration
- Music, Vocal Performance Concentration
- Music minor
- Philosophy minor
- Physics minor
- Pre-Law Studies
- Pre-Medical Studies
- Pre-Nursing Studies
- Pre-Physical Therapy Studies
- Psychology minor
- Sociology, Family Studies & Social Work Concentration
- Sociology minor
- Theatre minor
- French minor
- Spanish minor