Giving Stocks and Bonds
Gifts of long-term appreciated securities can allow donors to avoid capital gains taxes and receive a charitable income tax deduction.
To transmit stocks, bonds, or mutual funds to the College, instruct your broker to transfer the securities into Covenant's UBS account.
- The DTC account number for UBS is 0221.
- The College's brokerage account name is "Covenant College."
- The College's brokerage account number is AXB9026.
For more information, please contact:
If a transfer to the Covenant College brokerage accounts is not possible, the College can appoint your broker as an agent for the College and instruct him or her to set up an account for Covenant College and sell the stock immediately.
If transfers using stock certificates are unavoidable, please send unendorsed certificates by regular first class mail along with a letter of transmittal to the Director of Development Operations, Covenant College, 14049 Scenic Highway, Lookout Mountain, GA 30750. Under separate cover, please mail a signed stock power executed in blank for each security along with a copy of the transmittal letter. Please do not fill in the College's name as transferee on either the stock certificates or stock power.
- Covenant College's Federal Identification Number (FID) is 43-0719506.
- The Covenant College Foundation's FID is 27-3298736.
Please note that the value of the securities gift may be slightly different from the actual sale price. The gift value will be the average of the high and low selling prices of the stock or bond on the date of the gift.
You are welcome to contact Marc Erickson, Executive Director of the Covenant College Foundation at 706.419.1645 if you have questions or need to provide the College with additional information concerning the gift.
Undergraduate Departments, Majors, Minors, Certificates, Concentrations, and Programs
- Arts Administration
- Environmental Stewardship & Sustainability
- Journalism and Society
- Medical Ethics Consultation
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Art, 2-D Concentration
- Art, 3-D Concentration
- Art, Art History Concentration
- Art, Graphic Design Concentration
- Art, Photography Concentration
- Art minor
- Art History minor
- Biblical & Theological Studies
- Biblical & Theological Studies, Missions Concentration
- Biblical & Theological Studies minor
- Biblical Languages minor
- History of Christianity minor
- Missions minor
- Youth Ministry minor
- Biology, Biomedical Concentration
- Biology, Environmental Concentration
- Biology, General
- Biology, Health Professions Concentration
- Biology minor
- Business, Accounting Concentration
- Business, Finance Concentration
- Business, Marketing Concentration
- Sport Management
- Business minor
- Sport Management minor
- Chemistry, Biochemistry Concentration
- Chemistry, General
- Biochemistry minor
- Chemistry minor
- Computer Science
- Computer Science minor
- Community Development
- Community Development minor
- Economics minor
- Education Studies
- Elementary Education (P-5)
- Secondary Education Certifications through MAT program
- Education minor
- Natural Science, Pre-Engineering Studies Concentration
- English, Writing Concentration
- English minor
- Writing minor
- Coaching minor
- History, Art History Concentration
- Political Science
- International Studies
- History minor
- Political Science minor
- Interdisciplinary Studies with Concentrations
- Mathematics minor
- Music, Church Music Concentration
- Music, Creative Studies Concentration
- Music, General Music Concentration
- Music, Instrumental Performance Concentration
- Music, Music Education (Pre-MAT) Concentration
- Music, Organ Performance Concentration
- Music, Piano Pedagogy Concentration
- Music, Piano Performance Concentration
- Music, Vocal Performance Concentration
- Music minor
- Philosophy minor
- Physics minor
- Pre-Law Studies
- Pre-Medical Studies
- Pre-Nursing Studies
- Pre-Physical Therapy Studies
- Psychology minor
- Sociology, Family Studies & Social Work Concentration
- Sociology minor
- Theatre minor
- French minor
- Spanish minor