Understanding Georgia Scholarship/Grant Funds
What is Georgia Tuition Equalization Grant?
It’s a grant based on residency alone and does not require a specific GPA.
How do I apply for the GTEG?
Complete the one-time application online at GAfutures.org and provide proof of Georgia residency or complete the FAFSA annually.
How do I get evaluated for Georgia scholarship eligibility if I’m homeschooled or go to a non-eligible high school?
You can qualify by completing and submitting the Hope/Zell Miller Scholarship to Georgia Student Finance Commission(GSFC).
Can I qualify for Zell Miller funds if I was not eligible upon high school graduation?
No, unfortunately, you cannot gain Zell Miller eligibility while in college if you were not eligible at the time of high school graduation. But, you can regain it at a 30, 60 or 90 attempted hour checkpoint -even if you were only HOPE eligible for a previous semester.
How do I retain my scholarship?
A Georgia GPA (not including pluses or minuses) of 3.0 is required for the HOPE funds and 3.3 for the Zell Miller funds. You will soon be able to see your Scholarship eligibility by logging onto your GAfutures account.
Do my dual enrolled hours count toward my maximum number of attempted hours?
No, hours attempted before high school graduation are not counted toward the maximum 127 hours.
When is my Georgia GPA evaluated?
The regulations state that you can lose your eligibility status at the end of each spring semester. And you can lose or regain eligibility at the checkpoints of 30, 60 and 90 attempted hours. The 30, 60 and 90 attempted hour checkpoints may come after a fall semester.
How long can I receive scholarship funds?
There is a maximum of 127 attempted (includes withdrawn) hours of eligibility for the funds up to 7 years after high school graduation.
Should I take a summer course that will transfer back into Covenant?
You may want to consider taking transfer coursework over the summer break if it would put you at a 30,60 or 90 attempted hour checkpoint. But, only if you think it would bring your Georgia GPA up to meet the eligibility requirements. Just be sure to check with the Records Office to make sure the course would transfer back into Covenant.
Can I receive scholarship funds while taking a summer course at another Georgia college?
Yes, you would need to let the Financial Aid Office know to enter your eligibility on GSFC’s website and request a transcript be sent to Covenant as soon as possible.
Will the summer hours count toward my maximum of 127 attempted hours?
Yes, and keep in mind that your scholarship funds may not post to your account at Covenant until we receive the transcript in order to determine your eligibility for the fall semester.
Undergraduate Departments, Majors, Minors, Certificates, Concentrations, and Programs
- Arts Administration
- Environmental Stewardship & Sustainability
- Journalism and Society
- Medical Ethics Consultation
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Art, 2-D Concentration
- Art, 3-D Concentration
- Art, Art History Concentration
- Art, Graphic Design Concentration
- Art, Photography Concentration
- Art minor
- Art History minor
- Biblical & Theological Studies
- Biblical & Theological Studies, Missions Concentration
- Biblical & Theological Studies minor
- Biblical Languages minor
- History of Christianity minor
- Missions minor
- Youth Ministry minor
- Biology, Biomedical Concentration
- Biology, Environmental Concentration
- Biology, General
- Biology, Health Professions Concentration
- Biology minor
- Business, Accounting Concentration
- Business, Finance Concentration
- Business, Marketing Concentration
- Sport Management
- Business minor
- Sport Management minor
- Chemistry, Biochemistry Concentration
- Chemistry, General
- Biochemistry minor
- Chemistry minor
- Computer Science
- Computer Science minor
- Community Development
- Community Development minor
- Economics minor
- Education Studies
- Elementary Education (P-5)
- Secondary Education Certifications through MAT program
- Education minor
- Natural Science, Pre-Engineering Studies Concentration
- English, Writing Concentration
- English minor
- Linguistics minor
- Writing minor
- Coaching minor
- History, Art History Concentration
- Political Science
- History minor
- Political Science minor
- Interdisciplinary Studies with Concentrations
- International Studies
- Mathematics minor
- Music, Church Music Concentration
- Music, Creative Studies Concentration
- Music, General Music Concentration
- Music, Instrumental Performance Concentration
- Music, Music Education (Pre-MAT) Concentration
- Music, Organ Performance Concentration
- Music, Piano Pedagogy Concentration
- Music, Piano Performance Concentration
- Music, Theory/Composition Concentration
- Music, Vocal Performance Concentration
- Music minor
- Philosophy minor
- Physics minor
- Pre-Law Studies
- Pre-Medical Studies
- Pre-Nursing Studies
- Pre-Physical Therapy Studies
- Psychology minor
- Sociology, Family Studies & Social Work Concentration
- Sociology minor
- Theatre minor
- French minor
- Spanish minor