May Term FAQ
Finances and Billing
How will travel be arranged?
Each course handles travel differently. If the group is flying together (true for many international sites), you will be responsible for making your own arrangements from the return airport to your home. Sometime student special needs can be accommodated, if there is plenty of advance notice. Other times, students will be able to book their own travel so long as they arrive by the team agreed upon time.
What about insurance?
Covenant College holds an international insurance policy (Travel GuardAIG) for all Covenant-sponsored travel. However, we strongly encourage students to check with their primary health insurance company to determine what international coverage they offer as well. If the course is offered with the United States, the student will use his or her own insurance for any medical needs.
Will I be able to travel on my own after the course is over?
This is often allowed (although not in every location) if flights are arranged well in advance. Please note: Covenant’s insurance covers you only for the time of the course itself. Covenant College is not responsible for helping with plans for travel before or after the course is in session.
How much freedom will I have to explore the location on my own?
It varies. In New York City, you will have a great deal of freedom when not in class or working on assignments. In other locations, however, the context may not allow for this, or may require at least two or three students traveling together when away from the larger group. This will be discussed and made clear by each group leader/professor.
When will I get charged for the course tuition, program fees, and other costs?
May Term charges are posted the first day of May Term. You must pay the balance (including any applicable finance charges) before returning to Covenant in the Fall.
If I drop out of the course, what costs am I responsible for?
If you withdraw from the course before it begins, you will be responsible for any costs that Covenant has already paid for the course, typically flight costs, housing costs as these are arranged well in advance. Some on the ground costs may also be prepaid (train tickets, museum advance admissions). If you withdraw or are removed once the course has begun, you will be responsible for all charges.
How will I pay for this course?
Covenant strives to make these three-week courses as affordable as possible for students, while providing an excellent and safe learning environment. However, we understand that the cost may seem overwhelming. You may discuss with Financial Aid the possibility of taking out an additional loan with your Spring Semester to cover some of the cost. All May term classes are given at 50% of the cost of tuition.
Undergraduate Departments, Majors, Minors, Certificates, Concentrations, and Programs
- Arts Administration
- Environmental Stewardship & Sustainability
- Journalism and Society
- Medical Ethics Consultation
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Art, 2-D Concentration
- Art, 3-D Concentration
- Art, Art History Concentration
- Art, Graphic Design Concentration
- Art, Photography Concentration
- Art minor
- Art History minor
- Biblical & Theological Studies
- Biblical & Theological Studies, Missions Concentration
- Biblical & Theological Studies minor
- Biblical Languages minor
- History of Christianity minor
- Missions minor
- Youth Ministry minor
- Biology, Biomedical Concentration
- Biology, Environmental Concentration
- Biology, General
- Biology, Health Professions Concentration
- Biology minor
- Business, Accounting Concentration
- Business, Finance Concentration
- Business, Marketing Concentration
- Sport Management
- Business minor
- Sport Management minor
- Chemistry, Biochemistry Concentration
- Chemistry, General
- Biochemistry minor
- Chemistry minor
- Computer Science
- Computer Science minor
- Community Development
- Community Development minor
- Economics minor
- Education Studies
- Elementary Education (P-5)
- Secondary Education Certifications through MAT program
- Education minor
- Natural Science, Pre-Engineering Studies Concentration
- English, Writing Concentration
- English minor
- Writing minor
- Coaching minor
- History, Art History Concentration
- Political Science
- International Studies
- History minor
- Political Science minor
- Interdisciplinary Studies with Concentrations
- Mathematics minor
- Music, Church Music Concentration
- Music, Creative Studies Concentration
- Music, General Music Concentration
- Music, Instrumental Performance Concentration
- Music, Music Education (Pre-MAT) Concentration
- Music, Organ Performance Concentration
- Music, Piano Pedagogy Concentration
- Music, Piano Performance Concentration
- Music, Vocal Performance Concentration
- Music minor
- Philosophy minor
- Physics minor
- Pre-Law Studies
- Pre-Medical Studies
- Pre-Nursing Studies
- Pre-Physical Therapy Studies
- Psychology minor
- Sociology, Family Studies & Social Work Concentration
- Sociology minor
- Theatre minor
- French minor
- Spanish minor