The Blue Tribune is your place to learn about all things Covenant and keep up with stories from campus and beyond. By guiding you through elements of The Covenant Ascent, we'll help you picture yourself making your Ascent.
Athletics April 2021 Highlights
- Baseball is 18-12 overall heading into its final games of the season in early May. Four freshmen pitchers (Bryce Bollinger, Austin Clark, Noah Sweatman, Zach Tolleson) have earned USA South Rookie Pitcher of the Week honors this season.
- Softball ended the year 18-18 overall and 7-7 in the USA South under first-year head coach Jenny Rohn. Freshman Vanessa Davis was a two-time USA South Rookie of the Week honoree, while juniors Aileen Hill (Player of the Week) and Lauren Kierpa (Pitcher of the Week) also earned weekly awards this season.
- Men’s Tennis (13-5) won the USA South West Division regular season title with a 5-0 record in league play and will play for the USA South Tournament Championship in early May. Junior Ben Luke and freshman Austin Dreslinski were All-USA South first team selections, while junior Ethan Gibson and freshman Solomon Crouch earned All-West Division honors.
- Women’s Tennis ended the year with a 10-6 overall record. Sophomores Madelyn Savage and Gillian Bosko were both named to the USA South All-West Division first team.
- Men’s Golf qualified for the USA South Tournament as a team and finished seventh overall at the event. It was the highest-ever finish in program history, while junior Will DeMersseman was 15th individually in the tournament.
- Track & Field also had its best finishes at the USA South Championships. The women placed second overall, while the men finished fifth. A total of 10 athletes combined for 12 All-USA South selections between the two teams and sophomore Mattie Parker was named the Rookie Track Athlete of the Meet. Seniors Michael Rawlings and Micaiah Allison had event wins at the conference meet along with junior S.K. Lipperd and sophomores Claire Mackes and Mattie Parker also earning wins.
- Men’s Soccer (6-2-1, 5-1 USA South) advanced to the USA South West Division Championship in April. The Scots placed five players on All-USA South West Division teams as senior Noah Lee was joined by juniors Mercer Stout, Griffin Felton, and Henry Hooks on the first team with freshman Knox Gibson. Senior Jake Major was a second team selection.
- Volleyball wrapped up the year 10-9 overall and also advanced to the USA South West Division Championship match in April. Freshman Rachel Bartlett and sophomore Emma Kalbfleisch earned USA South All-West Division first team honors.
- Women’s Soccer went 5-3-1 overall and 4-3-1 in USA South play in the spring. Seniors Kendyll Freeman and Megan Rasku earned first team All-USA South West Division, while seniors Grace Herring and Kyra Duble along with junior Kailey Burrell earned second team selections.