Professor of Computer Science
On faculty since 2006
PhD, Computer Science, Clemson University, 2006
MS, Computer Science, Johns Hopkins University, 1991
BS, Computer Science, University of Maryland, 1986
BA, Political Science, George Washington University, 1981
RESEARCH INTERESTS: Software engineering, software product lines, software libraries.
IEEE Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP) July 2009
Sun Certified Java Programmer (SCJP) July 2007
Outstanding Ph.D Student in Computer Science, Clemson University, April 2005
Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant Award, Computer Science African American Alliance, April 2005
Upsilon Pi Epsilon - inducted 2004
- John Hunt and Tim Willison "California Speedway: a concurrent programming project for beginners" ACM Southeast Conference 2011, Kennesaw, GA, USA, March 25-26, 2011.
- John M. Hunt and John D. McGregor "A Pattern Language for Product Line Variation Points" Submitted to Science of Computer Programming Elsevier B.V.
- John M. Hunt "Nifty assignment: concurrent multi-user battleship" CCSC SE Conference, Spellman College, Atlanta, GA, Nov. 12 - 13, 2010. J. Comput. Small Coll. 26, 2 (December 2010), 215-219
- John M. Hunt and John D. McGregor "Component Based Software Engineering Across the Curriculum" Conference on Software Engineering Education and Training (CSEET 2010), Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, March 9-12, 2010
- John M. Hunt and John D. McGregor "Workshop Building Software that is Predictable by Construction" CCSC SE Conference, Roanoke College, Salem, VA, Nov. 13 - 14, 2009.
- John M. Hunt "Computing: A Faith Perspective" Dynamic Link Journal Fall 2009.
- John M. Hunt Invited Speaker for Software Engineering Institute's (SEI) 2009 SEI ACE Workshop for Educators, Pittsburgh, PA August 3 - 5, 2009.
- John M. Hunt "A Practical State Machine Project" ACM Southeast Conference 2009, Clemson, SC, USA, March 19-21, 2009.
- John M. Hunt "Object Oriented Design, the Very Big Picture" The Journal of Computing Sciences in Colleges, Volume 24 Number 2, December 2009.
- I. Crnkovic, S. Hissam, J. Hunt, P. Katsaros, F. Long, J.McGregor, and J. Stafford. "Report on the predictable assembly from certifiable code (PACC) workshop for educators." Technical Report CMU/SEI-2009-SR-004, Software Engineering Institute, 2009.
- John M. Hunt "Competence and Character: Pedagogical Considerations for Preparing Students to be Professionals" ACM Southeast Conference 2008, Auburn, Alabama, USA, March 28-29, 2008.
- John M. Hunt and Sarah Matzko "Retooling a Curriculum" The Journal of Computing Sciences in Colleges, Volume 23 Number 2, December 2007.
- John M. Hunt and John D.McGregor "When Less is More: Implementing Optional Features" ACM Southeast Conference 2007, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA, March 23-24, 2007.
- John M. Hunt and John D. McGregor "Software Product Lines: A Pedagogical Application" The Journal of Computing Sciences in Colleges, Volume 22 Number 2, December 2006.
- John M. Hunt and John D. McGregor "Implementing a Variation Point: A Pattern Language" Variability Management Workshop in conjunction with 10th International Software Product Line Conference, Baltimore, MD, August 21, 2006.
- John M. Hunt "Organizing the Asset Base for Product Derivation". 10th International Software Product Line Conference, Baltimore, MD, August 21-24, 2006.
- John M. Hunt and John D. McGregor "A Series of Choices - Variability in the Development Process". ACM Southeast Conference 2006, Melbourne, FL, March 10 - 12 2006.
- John Hunt and John D. McGregor, "A Model for Software Libraries," Library-Centric
LCSD'05 in conjunction with OOPSLA 2005, San Diego, California, October 16-20, 2005.
- John Hunt, "The Library Considered as a Product Line", Third International Software Product Line Conference, Young Researchers Workshop, Boston, USA, Fraunhofer IESE (2004) 31-40.
- Gregory Kulczycki, John Hunt, and Murali Sitaraman "The RESOLVE Compiler", Demonstration at Foundations of Software Engineering, Specification and Verification of Component Based System, Newport Beach, CA Oct. 31 - Nov. 1, 2004.
- John Hunt and Murali Sitaraman, "Enhancement Pattern - A Pattern for Flexible Feature and Implementation Selection in Java," Eighth International Conference on Software Reuse, Madrid, Spain, Springer-Verlag (2004) 86-100.