The Covenant Community
When you move into one of our residence halls or student apartments, you’ll enjoy pickup basketball games, join in impromptu concerts, and develop lifelong friendships with students on your floor, such as Catacombs or Third South. The residence halls are where you will explore your faith in ways you simply can’t in a classroom. And it’s where some of your best Covenant memories will be made.
Residence Halls and Student Apartments
Living in a residence hall at Covenant is going to be a new experience for you. So you’ll need to be properly equipped with a new vocabulary. Here’s a translation…
- Brethren, Halcyon, and Ithaca are a few of our 35 residence halls, each with its own distinct flavor, identity, and traditions.
- RA stands for Resident Assistant, an upperclassman who lives on your floor, guides you in your transition to college life, and may end up being one of your best friends.
- Discipleship Coordinators are assigned to each floor. This person leads Bible studies and looks out for the spiritual development of the other students on his or her floor.
- Hall Council representatives are also student leaders on each floor. They work together to plan events for the entire residence hall.
- O-Team is the Orientation Team, whose mission is to make sure that all new students get the support, answers, and advice they need upon moving to Covenant.
There is never a shortage of fun and excitement at Covenant. The residence halls are a perfect example of this. Imagine…
- Joining your roommates in an elaborate Christmas decorating contest for Carter Christmas
- Decorating your hall for Down in Andreas
- Settling in with popcorn at Mac Movie Night
- Putting the final touches on your theme for Around Founders
Upperclassmen have the option of living in on-campus apartments, which are two-bedroom/one-bath duplexes that usually house four people.
You can learn about other on-campus resources such as dining services, technology, and health services in the Student Resources section.