Physical & Sport Education Administrative Faculty Member
Director of Athletics
EdD, Higher Education Administration, University of Alabama, 2018
MS, Sport Administration, University of Louisville, 2007
BA, Sociology, Covenant College, 2006
My research interests center on the development of faith of student athletes at faith based institutions
- National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics
- National Association of Division III Athletic Administrators
- North American Society for Sports Management
- Sceggel, T. S. (2016). Same job, different boss. Coach and Athletic Director. 85(9), 16-18.
- Sceggel, T. S. (2015). Their first corner office. Athletic Management. 27(5), 50-53.
- Sceggel, T. S. (2015). The importance of marketing. In G. Bernstein (Ed.) The fundamentals of sport marketing. (11-28). Urbana, IL: Sagamore Publishing.
- Sceggel, T. S. (2015). Advertising and public relations. In G. Bernstein (Ed.) The fundamentals of sport marketing. (43-62). Urbana, IL: Sagamore Publishing.
- Sceggel, T. S. (2013). Success with students. Athletic Management, 25(3), 39-44.
- Sceggel, T. S. (2013). Positioning yourself to climb the athletics administrator ladder. Coach and Athletic Director, 12(4), 44-45.
- Sceggel, T. S. (2012). Organization that leads to effective leadership. Athletics Administration: The Official Publication of the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics, 47(6), 37.
Awards & Recognitions
- National winner of the 2014 Emerging Athletic Administrator Award and $1,000 professional development grant through the National Association of Division III Athletic Administrators
The award is given to one national honoree who “has demonstrated a pattern of excellence and achievement in athletic administration” during their first seven years as a full-time athletic administrator at the Division III level.
- Recipient of the Sports Launch Magazine “Thirty Under 30” award in the May 2014 issue
The award “recognizes young professionals who epitomize hard work, innovation, creativity, and leadership in the sports industry.”