Education Career Summit 2019
The Education Department of Covenant College is pleased to announce Career Summit on Thursday and Friday, February 28 - March 1, 2019.
What You Need to Know About Career Summit
On Thursday at 3:00 pm, school administrators will have an opportunity to make ten-minute presentations to all of our 2019 teacher candidates. Following these presentations will be light snacks for administrators and the faculty of the Education Department. Following this time, there will be more school presentations, followed by teacher candidates signing up for individual interviews which will occur on Friday.
Administrators will also be given an opportunity to indicate which candidates they prefer to interview. We will do our best to honor preferences on both sides as well as to ensure that each candidate has at least 5-6 interviews.
Friday of Career Summit is devoted to interviews per the following schedule:
- By 8:00 am—interview schedule will be emailed to teacher candidates and administrators
- 8:30-9:50—individual interviews, 20 minutes in length
- 9:50—break with refreshments
- 10:10-noon—individual interviews, 20 minutes in length
- 12:00-1:00—lunch for all administrators, teacher candidates, education faculty
- 1:00-2:20—individual interviews, 20 minutes in length
- 2:30-4:00—optional time for additional interviews as needed
Directory of Teacher Candidates 2019
The Directory provides a brief sketch on each candidate. Administrators are encouraged to review sketches to determine which candidates might be good matches for anticipated teacher vacancies.
With limitations of both time and space, one person from each school may register. However, school systems with elementary, middle, and secondary schools may register more than one administrator. Space is limited and we encourage you to register early.
- Cost: $40.00 per administrator, due with registration, and nonrefundable. Includes Thursday evening snack, light breakfast, and lunch on Friday.
- Questions? Contact Cindy Phillips: 706.419.1407 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administrators are welcome to bring promotional materials to distribute to teacher candidates, but space limitations do not allow for visual displays.
Registrants will receive confirmation of registration by email.
In mid-February, all registrants will receive a follow up email with:
- Your scheduled time to present your school
- Information about location and parking
We value our partnership with you in launching our teacher candidates.