Graduate Assistant for Student Life
Regular, Part-Time, 10 months (August - May)
Associate Dean of Students, Student Life
The Graduate Assistant (GA) is a live-on campus position, responsible for supporting Covenant College’s residential community through campus-wide Multicultural educational programming, student discipleship and academic support. The GA will focus on implementing Multicultural student programming efforts in collaboration with the Associate Dean of Students, Student Life and Coordinator of Student Leadership. The GA is to encourage a campus environment that challenges students to develop academically, culturally, socially and spiritually. This person is to demonstrate an active and reformed Christian commitment, serving as a model, advisor, and facilitator of student development.
Classified as part-time, this position is ineligible for health insurance benefits. Benefits eligibility includes tuition assistance towards graduate school through the College’s Employee Educational Benefit (EEB) and on-campus housing (room and full board plan).
- Multicultural Programming
- Assist in the research, planning and implementation of cultural and social awareness programming efforts.
- Coordinate International Student Programming efforts.
- Assist in the supervision of Multicultural Program Leaders.
- Student Activities & Programming
- Co-plan and implement campus educational programs that are relevant to the student body.
- Assist the Coordinator of Student Leadership and Associate Dean of Students, Student Life in planning and implementing student programming.
- Serve as a chaperone at students events.
- Be the advisor for at least one student club or organization on campus.
- Attend Student Life and Student Development staff meetings.
- Discipleship and Support
- Intentionally meet with students in groups and individually for the purpose of discipleship and accountability.
- Act as a resource person and facilitator for internal and relational student conflict resolution and growth.
- Crisis Management
- Provide, as needed, rides to hospitals to students in crisis.
- Provide help during weekends, special events, or high event time.
- Orientation & Move-In Day
- Assist with planning and implementing O-Week, Pre-Orientation and Spring Orientation
- Assist with Move-In Day as assigned
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of Students, Student Life
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- An interest and concern for young adults and an ability to communicate effectively.
- Commitment to working with cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience working with students to assist in strategizing a thorough developmental and educational plan for improvement.
- Experience facilitating meetings with young adults for the purpose of discipleship.
- Graduate degree or working towards a graduate degree in Higher Education Administration, Educational Leadership, Communications, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Experience working with a website content management system.
- Experience working with a customer relationship management system.
- Working knowledge of Google Apps.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- An acceptance of and commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- An understanding of the mission and purpose of Covenant College.
- Must be able to assent to Covenant College’s Staff Commitments.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the work day.
- Lifting: occasionally; classified as light, lifting or lowering an object from one level to another (includes upward pulling) up to 15 lbs.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a contract position. Days and hours vary during fall and spring semesters. Regular evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Stipend position without insurance coverage.
- On-campus housing (room and full board plan).
- Tuition assistance towards graduate school.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Before being considered, an applicant will need to submit:
- Letter of interest.
- Résumé, including contact information for three references.
- A statement of faith, sharing about his or her ongoing walk with Christ.
Submit all documents to: email@example.com