Facility Services Team Lead
Facility Services Supervisor
The Facilities Services Team Lead reports to the Facilities Services Supervisor (FSS) and is responsible to provide a clean and safe building environment; give 24 hour support; coordinate student labor; and display ownership of the responsibilities listed below, emphasizing customer care and comprehensive communication in a timely manner.
1. Work with the Facilities Services Supervisor to establish:
- Routine cleaning schedules.
- Assess deep-cleaning needs.
- Assist with special event needs.
- Determine supply and tool needs.
- Create facility and equipment checklists.
2. Perform work of department: housekeeping, event set-ups, department moves and special projects.
3. Oversee student labor during the academic and summer seasons.
- Routinely inspect student work as to quality and attention to detail.
- Report disciplinary issues to FSS.
- Set student worker schedules.
4. Be alert to and report any maintenance problems or campus scheduling conflicts.
5. Work on emergencies, preventative maintenance, work requests, and projects as assigned.
6. Work Christmas break, other breaks, and summers. Work weekends and evening shifts as needed.
7. Perform work in a safe and responsible manner, following department safety procedures.
8. Fulfill other duties as assigned by the FSS.
- Strong oral communications skills.
- Possess ability to operate common hand cleaning tools (broom, mop, squeegee, brushes, rakes, shovels, ladders, step stools) with no instruction required.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills.
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of Google email, google docs, and google drive.
- Capable of safely operating a pickup truck and utility cart.
- High school diploma.
- Previous housekeeping/custodial experience preferred.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- An acceptance of and commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- An understanding of the mission and purpose of Covenant College.
- Must be able to assent to Covenant College’s Staff Commitments.
- Evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Standing and walking for the majority of the day.
- Lifting, pushing, carrying, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing, balancing, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling at least 50% of the day.
- Sitting less than 10% of the day.
- Lifting up to 30 lbs. regularly.
- Environmental conditions: humidity, heat, cold, wet conditions, noise, and vibration.
Interested applicants should submit the following application materials to email@example.com
- Letter of interest.
- Statement of faith & Christian experience.