Facilities Services Team Lead
Facility Services Supervisor
The Facilities Services Team Lead reports to the Facilities Services Supervisor (FSS) and is responsible to provide a clean and safe building environment; give 24 hour support; coordinate student labor; and display ownership of the responsibilities listed below, emphasizing customer care and comprehensive communication in a timely manner.
- Work with the Facilities Services Supervisor to establish:
- Routine cleaning schedules.
- Assess deep-cleaning needs.
- Assist with special event needs.
- Determine supply and tool needs.
- Create facility and equipment checklists.
- Perform work of department: housekeeping, Event set-ups, department moves and special projects.
- Oversee student labor during the academic and summer seasons.
- Routinely inspect student work as to quality and attention to detail.
- Report disciplinary issues to FSS.
- Set student worker schedules.
- Be alert to and report any maintenance problems or campus scheduling conflicts.
- Work on emergencies, preventative maintenance, work requests, and projects as assigned.
- Work Christmas break, other breaks, and summers. Work weekends and evening shifts as needed.
- Perform work in a safe and responsible manner, following department safety procedures.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the FSS.
- Strong oral communications skills.
- Possess ability to operate common hand cleaning tools (broom, mop, squeegee, brushes, rakes, shovels, ladders, step stools) with no instruction required.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills.
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of Google email, google docs, and google drive.
- Capable of safely operating a pickup truck and utility cart.
- High school diploma.
- Previous housekeeping/custodial experience preferred.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- An acceptance of and commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- An understanding of the mission and purpose of Covenant College.
- Must be able to assent to Covenant College’s Staff Commitments.
- Evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Standing and walking for the majority of the day.
- Lifting, pushing, carrying, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing, balancing, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling at least 50% of the day.
- Sitting less than 10% of the day.
- Lifting up to 30 lbs. regularly.
- Environmental conditions: humidity, heat, cold, wet conditions, noise, and vibration.
Interested applicants should submit the following application materials to email@example.com
- Letter of interest.
- Statement of faith & Christian experience.