Director of Marketing and Communications
Full-time, (40 hours/week)
Vice President for Finance and Administration
The Director of Marketing and Communications is charged with responsibility to lead the management of the College’s brand. The director leads a team of professionals in marketing the College to external constituencies in support of strategic priorities for admissions and development, in the promotion of College events and activities, and in communicating progress in the fulfillment of the mission of the College. The director is a collegial, collaborative leader who is able to both communicate a vision for marketing and able to participate directly in the execution of marketing strategy.
- Create a multi-year integrated marketing plan that aligns with the institutional strategic direction and plan.
- Oversee and direct the development of the annual marketing operational plan and schedule, and its implementation.
- Manage the Office of Marketing & Communications staff and budget.
- Oversee and directing college publications.
- Oversee development of a digital marketing and social media strategy.
- Supervise the production of print collateral and other branded items as appropriate.
- Direct the strategic development and management of the College’s websites and social media accounts.
- Serve as the primary media relations contact for the College. Plan and coordinate the issuance of news releases and assist members of the media as needed.
- Supervise marketing dept. staff and oversee the department budgets.
- Contribute to overall institutional understanding of markets and market opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Advancement.
- Ability to create and execute strategies
- Ability to work cooperatively in a variety of settings exercising tact, diplomacy, and patience often in stressful settings
- Ability to interpret data and respond to data with reasonable and well-thought out plans and strategies
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, or public relations.
- Relevant experience in the creation and execution of marketing strategies and plans and experience leading and overseeing a creative team.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and create new solutions and improvements to existing processes
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel.
- Demonstrate successful experience in writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing, communications, or public relations, with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit or association sector.
- Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
- Membership in IABC (International Association of Business Communicators) and IABC accreditation are desirable.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- An acceptance of and commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- An understanding of the mission and purpose of Covenant College.
- Must be able to assent to Covenant College’s Staff Commitments.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Remain in a stationary position at least 90% of the work day.
- Lifting: occasionally; classified as light, lifting or lowering an object from one level to another (includes upward pulling) up to 10 lbs.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Before being considered, an applicant will need to submit:
- Letter of interest.
- Résumé, including contact information for three references.
- A statement of faith, sharing about his or her ongoing walk with Christ.
Submit all documents to: email@example.com