Rooted and grounded in reformed theology and worldview and committed to the Bible as the inerrant Word of God, Covenant College is passionate about its mission to offer the world biblically grounded men and women equipped to live out their calling.
The College is located on a beautiful 400-acre campus atop Lookout Mountain, just minutes from the city of Chattanooga, Tennessee. Chattanooga boasts a diverse and vibrant cultural and entertainment sectors and is an affordable place to raise a family.
We currently have an opening for an experienced accountant to serve as the college’s Controller. The Controller leads the college’s accounting department and is responsible for the administration of all financial and accounting processes of the college and coordination of financial reporting, budgeting, and tax/regulatory reporting functions. The Controller position reports to the CFO/VP of Finance & Operations and is full-time.
- Bachelor’s degree with a CPA license
- Experience in public accounting
- Experience in a controller role is preferred
- An understanding of not-for-profit accounting
- Strong organizational and process-flow design skill
- Strong team-management skills
- Directly supervisor all functions necessary to properly collect, remit, and report funds in accordance with applicable law and regulation.
- Continuously seek to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of financial operations while maintaining exceptional customer service levels.
- Oversee the reporting of institution-wide and departmental financial reports on a monthly and annual basis. Also develop special-format reports required for audit purposes, board review, and denominational committee review.
- Manage the day-to-day processes and support required by external, independent auditors.
- Direct cash management functions, including short term, borrowing and investing.
- Manage all accounts receivable policies and collection activities for college accounts.
- Prepare and file or oversee the preparation and filing of all required state and federal financial reports including the 990, 990T, 1098T, 1099, and IPEDS-finance.
- Fulfill such other duties as assigned by the CFO.
Interested applicants should submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of Interest
- Statement of faith and Christian experience