Computer Technician- Help Desk
Temporary (3 months) / Full-Time, 40 hrs per week
Director of Technology Services
Provide troubleshooting on the College hardware and software used by students and employees. This includes resolving, researching, and responding to questions received via walk-up, telephone, and email in a timely manner and in accordance with departmental standards.
- Provide support on the College network and voicemail accounts, hardware, software, and telephones used by students and employees. This includes resolving, researching, and responding to questions received via walk-up, telephone, and email in a timely manner and in accordance with departmental standards.
- Ensure that all service requests are logged into the departmental call tracking system and assigned to the appropriate technician.
- Produce regular and ad hoc reports on the call tracking system (i.e. opened/closed calls per week, most frequently reported incidents, etc.) to alert the Director to any items not meeting departmental service level standards.
- Schedule, supervise, and train student workers assigned to the department.
- Design and produce tech support materials both printed and electronic. Examples might include software application training booklets for employees or brochures outlining tech support services to new students.
- Provide training and instruction for students and employees in the use of network resources, general application software, department application software, and systems.
- Maintain departmental inventory of all deployed and in-stock items (e.g. computers, telephones, AV and networking items, paper, toner etc.). Work with the Director of Technology Services to plan the periodic replenishment of all hardware.
- Assist the Director of Technology Services with basic financial functions (e.g. requisitioning, software subscription renewals, etc.)
- Evaluate current and new hardware/software and make periodic recommendations to the Director of Technology Services.
- Provide on-call backup support to the student workers at night and on weekends.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as requested by the Director of Technology Services.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in person and via printed material/on the telephone/electronically. Individual must be able to explain technical concepts and procedures clearly and effectively.
- Proficiency with computer environments including Microsoft products, Apple products, and Google’s G Suite for Education (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs, etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- High motivation to provide excellence in customer support.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two years of experience in a related activity.
- Basic familiarity with computer environments including Windows and Apple OS.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP including DNS and DHCP.
- Covenant College graduate
- 5 years experience in related field
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- An acceptance of and commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- An understanding of the mission and purpose of Covenant College.
- Must be able to assent to Covenant College’s Staff Commitments.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Remain in a stationary position at least 90% of the work day.
- Lifting: occasionally; classified as light, lifting or lowering an object from one level to another (includes upward pulling) up to 10 lbs.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Before being considered, an applicant will need to submit:
- Letter of interest.
- Résumé, including contact information for three references.
- A statement of faith, sharing about his or her ongoing walk with Christ.
Submit all documents to: email@example.com