Admissions Counselor- Level 1
Admissions Counselors are responsible for the development, implementation, and success of a yearly strategic student recruitment plan in his/her assigned region. Admissions Counselors are tasked with building and maintaining relationships with applicants and other groups to ensure that annual recruitment goals are met.
- Responsible for moving a segment of regional student prospects to matriculates, being held accountable for measurable yields and all necessary communication to affect the college’s overall recruitment goals.
- Develop a yearly, region-specific recruiting plan that includes intentional and strategic communication with student prospects and their families, regular travel, volunteer engagement, and relationships with key constituents.
- Manage strategic working relationships with a select group of churches, high schools and alumni in a particular region. Build a strong support network with Covenant’s owning denomination, the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA), and specific Para-church organizations such as Mission to the World (MTW), The Gospel Coalition (TGC), Youth Excelling in Leadership (YXL), Association of Christian Schools International (A.C.S.I.), and other like minded organizations.
- Generate short and long-term assignments by successfully managing personal time and resources.
- Supervise a team of student admissions assistants as fulfilled by the student worker program, assisting with admissions events, and other such projects.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions and/or Associate Director of Admissions.
- Strong personal oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to create a sphere of influence with a wide variety of student prospects.
- Able to work as a member of a team with ownership of office and institution-wide goals.
- Ability to relate and work with students from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Must have ability and willingness to travel
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Working knowledge of Covenant College’s philosophy of education, history, and academic and co-curricular program. Familiarity with the Presbyterian Church in America.
- A Working knowledge of Google applications and MS Office programs (word, excel, etc.), word-processing and computer aptitude.
- Graduate of Covenant College.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- An acceptance of and commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- An understanding of the mission and purpose of Covenant College.
- Must be able to assent to Covenant College’s Staff Commitments.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the work day.
- Frequently moves items weighing no more than 10 pounds.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are; while on campus, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Be available to work some evenings and weekends. Desire to travel and represent Covenant positively to a variety of constituencies in a number of diversity settings.
- Letter of interest
- Résumé, including contact information for three references.
- Statement of faith, sharing about his or her ongoing walk with Christ.