Purpose of Orientation
There are three specific goals we hope to fulfill during this first week.
First, to ease personal, social, and emotional transition and adjustment to Covenant.
- help moving in on arrival day
- mailbox key given
- introduction to computer labs (initial log on and password assignment)
- time for ID cards to be made
- visit to Priesthill Center (Health Services) for clearing registration holds
- introduction to the library
- introduction to phone system
- small group assignments
- time with RAs (for resident students)
- large group games
- meeting for parents (offices open)
- hall Bible studies and prayer and praise times
Second, to help students begin to define their educational purpose at Covenant.
- Christian Mind class
- introduction to the Career Center
- academic major introductions
- buying books at the Tuck Shoppe
- math placement test
- language proficiency test
Third, to provide a balanced introduction to opportunities and expectations at Covenant.