Third Annual Seed Project Pitch Event
Covenant College’s third annual Seed Project Pitch Event will be held on Thursday, April 25, 2013. Student and recent alumni finalists will present their respective business proposals to the Seed Capital Panel as they compete for the $10,000 seed capital prize. Managed by Covenant’s Center for Calling & Career, the Seed Project’s mission is to foster and develop entrepreneurial spirit amongst Covenant College students and create an opportunity for students to develop real ideas and put them into action.
This year’s finalists are Jonathan Spencer ’12, an interdisciplinary studies major (biblical & theological studies, missions, education), who is pitching Chivumbulutso Travel, and Jacob Hutcherson ’13, a business major and youth ministries minor, pitching Pro Football Spot.
“These finalists have refined and greatly improved their business plans, and even their revenue models to a certain degree,” says Anthony Tucker, director of the Center for Calling & Career. “Thanks to the help of our Business Plan Review Committee, they are both in a much stronger position to pitch than they were in the beginning. This is true for the Seed Project award and for seeking further investment beyond the Seed Project.”
“I’m proud of their progress and can’t wait for their final presentations. I really hope we will get a large crowd to encourage Jonathan and Jacob.”
The Business Plan Review Committee is composed of:
- Jen Allen – chief communications officer, Covenant College
- Beth Bailey – associate budget director, Covenant College
- Bob Bosworth – vice president and director, Hamico and former president and C.O.O., Chattem
- Mike Bradshaw – entrepreneur in residence and C.O.O., Company Lab
- Jonathan Bragdon – director, Signal Energy
The Seed Capital Panel is composed of:
- Chris Dodson – business department chairperson and associate professor of accounting, Covenant College
- Mark Griggs – entrepreneurship teacher, Chattanooga Christian School and self-employed attorney
- Kimberly Hutchinson - corporate controller, AccountPros
- Michael Warren – owner, Evans Lumber and board of directors, LifeKraze LLC
- Lance Wescher – economics and community development department chairperson and associate professor of economics, Covenant College
The Pitch Event begins at 7:00 p.m. in Brock Hall 118/120/122 on Covenant’s campus. Refreshments will be served. The event is free, and the public is warmly invited to attend.